Design for Manufacture and Assembly - Blended Learning
This course will provide you with the skills and knowledge to reduce costs by applying best practice to the design through thorough consideration of the manufacturing and assembly process.
Is this course for you?
Do you ever experience challenges such as:
- Production or Inspection departments challenging your design?
- Manufacturing costing more than expected?
- Components not being manufactured as expected?
- Unexpected costs occurring for fixtures or inspection?
If you have answered 'yes' to any of the above, then this course is definitely for you!
Target Audience: This course is for anyone who is responsible for the design of components to be manufactured.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Analyse drawings for errors and potential manufacturing and performance improvements.
- Analyse drawings for potential manufacturing cost savings and improvements.
- Re-draw components identified as needing improvement.
- Identify any investment required in either equipment of staff for producing a given number of units.
- Calculate unit costs for producing a given number of units within a given time frame.
- Utilise manual lathes and milling machines to produce components.
- Develop a business case that can effectively articulate proposed 'Design for Manufacture & Assembly' improvements.