Metallurgy for Non-Metallurgists - Face to Face Course
The course aims to provide a sound understanding of the scientific principles of metallurgy and how to apply them to specify & process metals in an industrial context. Some prior understanding of metallurgical principles is assumed.
Is this course for you?
- Do you understand crystallography and equilibrium phase diagrams?
- Are you familiar with the technological pros and cons of casting, forging, pressing, extruding etc?
- Do you understand how mechanical test data relates to product standards & specifications?
Target Audience: Professionals who work in the production, processing, specification, design, fabrication or selling of metals. The course is suited to, for example; production, technical, quality control, product design and marketing & sales professionals.
Upon completion of the course you will:
- Understanding the metallurgical principles of phase disgrams, crystallography 7manipulation of microstructures to achieve desired properties.
- Selection & tailoring of alloys to suit a range of end applications.
- Familiarity with all aspects of the production, processing & finishing of metals products.
- Understanding of test methods, specifications & product standards.
Forthcoming available dates:
26th & 27th March 2019
10th & 11th September 2019
N.B: If you are using a mobile device, click 'Add to basket' and then click on the blocks on the top left of the page to complete your purchase.