Steels for the Automotive Industry - Face to Face Course
The automotive sector has been a major driver in the development of new steel types over the past 40 years.
The course aims to familiarize attendees with the types of steels used in modern automobiles
covering both the body and the power train. The compositions, properties and processing of these steels will described.
Is this course for you?
- Are you fully aware fo the latest steel grades for automotive applications?
- Do you have sufficient knowledge of the material properties that can now be achieved?
- Can you correctly specify a heat treatment regime to optimise properties of a given alloy composition?
Target Audience: This course is aimed at both new and experienced materials professionals from automotive OEMs and the supply chain with a need to understand the steels used in the modern automobile. Also materials professionals from other sectors who have applications which can benefit from the wide range of property combinations available in automotive steels.
By the end of this course, you will understand:
- The range of steels used in the modern automobile.
- Drivers for alloy development vehicle design.
- Processing and heat treatment.
- Property combinations available from different steel types.