Principles of Heat Treatment - Face to Face Course
Delivered in collaboration with the Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (AMRC), this course provides delegates with a sound understanding of the beneficial effects of heat treatment to a range of ferrous & light metal alloys.
Is this course for you?
- Can you explain why heat treatment is required for steels, nickel, titanium and aluminium alloys?
- Can you explain how heat treatment influences a material’s microstructure and hence its properties?
If you’ve answered ‘no’ to any of these, then this course is for you.
Target Audience: Those that require an overall understanding of the principles and practicalities of heat treatment. This includes purchasers & vendors of heat treatment services, design engineers and quality control technicians.
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Explain why heat treatment is required for steels, nickel, titanium and aluminium alloys microstructure and hence on materials properties.
- Compare and contrast the attributes and control characteristics of electrical resistance, induction, gas and fuel oil fired furnaces.
- Appreciate the influence of heat treatment on microstructure and hence on materials properties.
Forthcoming available dates:
Thursday 24th January 2019
Thursday 6th June 2019
N.B: If you are using a mobile device, click 'Add to basket' and then click on the blocks on the top left of the page to complete your purchase.