Technical Insight into Design for AM - Ask the expert (virtual classroom)
Delivered live from the home of the National Centre for Additive Manufacturing, this online classroom session enables you with the opportunity to hear and see presentations from our AM team and engage in an ‘ask the expert’ session from the convenience of any location.
Would you like to discuss...
- How the design process differs between conventional and additive manufacture?
- How a design can be optimised for manufacture through simulation?
- Exploiting the design freedom of AM?
- Considerations for manufacturability and inspection?
If you've answered 'yes' to any of these, then this session is for you.
Target Audience: This virtual classroom session is aimed at Design Engineers who want an initial insight into design for AM.
Upon completion of this session, you will:
- Discuss AM suitability and reasons for its use
- Recognise various design strategies used in DfAM
- Compare design rules for different processes
- Discuss issues pertaining to Design for Manufacturing (DfM), Design for Post Processing and Design for Inspection (Dfl)