Technical Insight into Design for AM - Ask the expert (virtual classroom)
Delivered live from the home of the National Centre for Additive Manufacturing, this online classroom session enables you with the opportunity to hear and see presentations from our AM team and engage in an ‘ask the expert’ session from the convenience of any location.
Would you like to discuss...
- How the design process differs between conventional and additive manufacture?
- Best practice in optimizing a design for manufacture through simulation?
- Exploiting the design freedom of AM?
- Best practice for down selection and finite element analysis?
If you've answered 'yes' to any of these, then this session is for you.
Target Audience: This virtual classroom session is aimed at Design Engineers who want an initial insight into design for AM.
Upon completion of this session, you will:
- Gain knowledge of the AM design philosophy, include design for performance and manufacture.
- State best practice in design requirements capture.
- Gain knowledge of the associated design process and rules compared to conventional design.
- Describe the importance of finite element analysis to a design.