Practical Insight into Metal Powder Bed Fusion - Practical Face to Face Course
Delivered directly by our expert engineering team at the home of the National Centre for Additive Manufacturing, this face-to-face course will provide you with practical experience of the end-to-end processes, including the design, production and post-processing required for AM.
Is this course for you?
- Are you
considering entering into Additive Manufacturing, but need to see and
experience more about the benefits and design possibilities?
- Do you need
expert demonstrations and advice regarding the associated processes, software /
hardware and materials?
If you’ve answered ‘yes’ to any of the above, then this course is for you.
This 5 day face-to-face course is for anyone in a Senior Engineering role wanting hands-on experience in Additive Manufacturing.
- Explore the variety of processes available, highlighting the benefits of an AM process over conventional manufacturing processes.
- Investigate key design rules for making parts more suitable for manufacturing using AM.
- Investigate how using 'Design for AM' processes such as topology optimisation and latticing can promote the novel use of AM through part complexity, light weighting and consolidation.
- Discuss AM Powder Bed Fusion processes (both laser and electron beam melting) with a practical insight into safe and effective use.
- Investigate the different materials utilised in powder bed fusion AM and understand the links between material properties and part application.
- Explore the various post-processing and inspection techniques used and understand their importance in AM.
Forthcoming available dates:
4th - 8th February 2019 (Closed for public bookings, allocated to DRAMA)
29th April - 3rd May 2019
8th - 12th July 2019
30th September - 4th October 2019
Timings are 9am-5pm Monday to Thursday, course will finish mid afternoon on the Friday.N.B: If you are using a mobile device, click 'Add to basket' and then click on the blocks on the top left of the page to complete your purchase.