Practical Insight into Directed Energy Deposition- 5 Day Practical Face to Face Course
Delivered by the expert engineering team from the National Centre for Additive Manufacturing (NCAM). You will get practical experience of the end-to-end processes needed for Industrial 3D printing, including design, production and post-processing in Directed Energy Deposition.
Is this course for you?
- Are you considering entering into Additive Manufacturing using Directed Energy Deposition, but need to see and experience more about the benefits and design possibilities?
- Do you need expert demonstrations and advice regarding the associated processes, software/hardware and materials?
If you’ve answered ‘yes’ to any of the above, then this course is for you.
This 5 day face-to-face course is for engineers, engineering technicians, graduates, and managers wanting hands-on experience in Directed Energy Deposition.
By the end of this course you will be able to accurately explain the Additive Manufacturing – Directed Energy Deposition process and recognise how it can benefit your organisation.
- Explore the variety of processes available, highlighting the benefits of an AM printing process over conventional manufacturing processes
- Investigate key design rules for making parts more suitable for manufacturing using Industrial 3D printing
- Investigate how using 'Design for AM' processes can promote the novel use of AM
- Discuss AM Directed Energy Deposition processes with a practical insight into safe and effective use
- Investigate the different metals used in Directed Energy Deposition AM and identify the links between material properties and part application
- Explore the various post-processing and inspection techniques used and describe their importance in Industrial 3D printing
N.B: If you are using a mobile device, click 'Add to basket' and then click on the blocks on the top left of the page to complete your purchase.
Forthcoming available dates:
23rd - 27th September 2019
23rd - 27th March 2020