Practical Insight into AM (Powder Bed Fusion) - Practical Face to Face Course
Delivered directly by our expert engineering team at the home of the National Centre for Additive Manufacturing, this face-to-face course will provide you with practical experience of the end-to-end processes, including the design, production and post-processing required for AM.
Is this course for you?
- Are you
considering entering into Additive Manufacturing, but need to see and
experience more about the benefits and design possibilities?
- Do you need
expert demonstrations and advice regarding the associated processes, software /
hardware and materials?
If you’ve answered ‘yes’ to any of the above, then this course is for you.
This 5 day face-to-face course is for anyone in a Senior Engineering role wanting hands-on experience in Additive Manufacturing.
- Introduction to AM and the variety of processes available, highlighting the benfits of an AM process over conventional manufacturing processes.
- Investigate key design rules for making parts more suitable for manufacturing using AM.
- Investigate how using 'Design for AM' processes such as topology optimisation and latticing can promote the novel use of AM through part complexity, light weighting and consolidation.
- Gain specific understanding of AM powder bed fusion processes (both laser and electron beam melting) with practical insight into safe and effective use.
- Investigate the different materials utilised in powder bed fusion AM and understand the links between material properties and part application.
- Explore the various post-processing and inspection techniques used and understand their importance in AM.
Forthcoming available dates:
6th - 10th August
5th - 9th November
4th - 8th February (2019)